Separated? What now?
Separation is one of the most difficult times in your life. It can be a confusing and grief filled time even if you are the one who has decided to leave. Regardless of how your separation has come about, you need support and the right advice to get you through it and help you survive after separation.
At the time of separation, you may feel helpless and not know what to do. It need not feel this way forever. How you decide to separate will change how you feel and also how quickly you recover. How you decide to separate will change the way your former partner feels about you and how your children cope.
After you separate, you and your family will confront a Family Law maze which can seem daunting without someone to guide you through the various paths available to you. Caroline Counsel Family Lawyers can assist you in choosing the right path. An hour with our firm will help you prioritise the next steps, choose the right path and make the right start towards clarity.
Caroline Counsel Family Lawyers can help you by:
- Assisting you work out what is important to you
- Help you imagine your future post separation and what it will look like
- Give you advice on what to do and what not to do after you have separated
- Refer you to financial planners to help you clarify your financial options
- Assist you understand your immediate and long term financial position
- Work out the next steps to helping your family transition with minimum disruption to your children
- Refer you to support services which will help the children cope. Despite your separation, children will consider themselves as belonging to a "family"
- Ensure you receive the right advice at the right time
The path you choose through the Family Law maze may impact on you and your family for years to come. The wrong path may gravely hurt your children's psychological well being.